Sunday, December 28, 2014

World Championships - Keeping Portland Weird II

So this isn't my normal post because it is not about mountain biking, but about being a proud father.  In the past few months my married daughter sang solo in a choir concert in Wisconsin.  My youngest son became a National and World Wakeboard Champion, and my oldest son competed in the World Beard Championship placing 4th in the Amish division.

Yes there are beard championships and where better to hold it than Portland (because they just like to keep it weird).  There were 300 competitors from around the world in 18 categories including my brother (who took 3rd in his division) and my son.  I just couldn't pass up a change to post few pictures.  If it ever comes back to Portland, it is worth the price of admission.  It was a lot of fun.

Portland Bike Art

Parade of Nations



No comments:

Post a Comment